If, for example, your customer's contact data has changed but the created invoice has already been sent, you can correct the invoice in billwerk. In doing so, the old invoice will be credited with the old data and a new invoice will be created with the new data. This process is called invoice correction. The invoice correction function not only corrects the customer's address, but also takes other cases into account:
- If the customer's language was changed, the new language is applied to the invoice texts and the invoice block.
- If a valid VAT ID number of the customer has been added, and if the reverse charge procedure is applied with the appropriate conditions, the procedure is applied to the new invoice. If the original invoice was issued with reverse charge and the customer's VAT ID number is removed, this will also be changed on the new invoice.
- If the tax rules (tax rates and tax settings) of the invoiced products have changed, the current tax rules are used for the new invoice.
- If existing credit on the contract account has changed, the amount to be paid is also adjusted on the new invoice.
To correct an invoice that has been sent to an incorrect address follow these steps:
1. Change the "Customer Details" by going to the customers tab, clicking on a name and selecting "Edit".
2. go to the sent invoice via the documents tab by pressing the document number
3. Create a preview of the new invoice via "Perform Action" > "Correct Invoice".
4. Confirm the new invoice with the "Create" button
This creates a correction credit note for the old (incorrect) invoice to the old address on top of the new, corrected invoice.
If your want to correct a specific document manually, you call follow these steps:
- Make sure that the old customer data is still stored in the customer details.
- Go to the customer's contract details and select "Execute Action > Manually Create Credit Note" and issue a manual credit note for the old document.
- Now, correct the customer data in the customer details
- Afterwards, navigate to the customer's contract details again and press "Perform Action > Manually Create Invoice" and issue a manual invoice to create the corrected document.