Table of contents
What is e-Invoicing?
This feature needs to be unlocked for your account. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
e-Invoicing is the process of sending invoices electronically, also known as electronic invoicing. In some countries, electronic invoicing is mandatory. Especially in the B2G sector, e-invoicing is required according to EN 16931.
The invoice data is directly converted into a specific format. The format used often depends on the country and is usually XML-based. The invoice data is then sent to the invoice recipient's system via a network.
In Europe, Peppol is widely used. Peppol supports the 2014/55/EU regulation. In Germany, the ZUGfERD or XRechnung format is often used. billwerk supports all common formats.
The benefits of e-Invoicing is the reduced effort and costs in providing the invoices and the lower risk of errors. In addition, the formats of the electronic invoices can be processed automatically.
- You need the e-Invoice receiver ID of the customer.
- You need the Buyer Reference of the customer.
Dunnings cannot be transmitted by e-Invoicing.
You can specify individually for each customer whether you want to use e-Invoicing.
- Click Customers in the menu.
- Click on the customer for whom you want to configure e-Invoicing.
- To edit the customer details, click the icon in the Contact Details section.
- In the text field, enter the e-Invoice receiver ID.
- In the Buyer's Reference text field, enter the identifier of the e-Invoice recipient.
- In the Options section, set the to E-Invoicing.
- To save your input, click on the Save button.
Checking e-Invoice status
You can check the status of all invoices sent via e-invoicing.
- Click Logs in the menu.
- In the LOGS section, click E-Invoicing.
You will be shown the status of the invoices. You can filter the results.
The status of an invoice is also displayed in the invoice details.